A 'Friday's Child' Blog

Welcome & Thanks for joining me as I attempt to unscramble the craziness running around in my brain . . . Stick around & you just might find me rambling on about sewing, cooking, baking, homeschooling, romance, getting fit {hah!}, and keeping my sanity while raising the Littles . . . Is that even possible?¿? (=

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Mommy's Baby Girl

 am SO VERY TIRED today...but I just couldn't resist my Lil'Ruffles this A.M. She lost her 'bebe' {{aka Pacifier}} and I heard her wake up {{because at 5 A.M. I was BARELY ASLEEP!}} and calmly say "UhOh~Bebe"..."Daaadyyy"..."Bebe~UhOh Bebe."  Well, said Daddy was sleeping VERY soundly and had to get up for work in two hours.  On the one hand I could reach over Robot {{who was contentedly taking up  MOST of the middle of our bed}} and nudge Daddy awake {{because I do LOVE that Ruffles call HIM in the wee hours!}}.  Or  I could get up myself~since I wasn't sleeping anyway~and get the plug.  However I knew if I did the latter I would not be going back to bed alone.  Sure enough~when I gave her the new bebe she lifted up her arms and sweetly informed me "Pumis Mommy Leap" {{Come With Mommy to Sleep}} and then she lay on my chest WIDE AWAKE for the next two hours!  She rolled and squirmed, occasionally trying out the pillow and mattress {{but only for a moment!}}, she would whisper and sing...and I. JUST. WANTED. TO. SLEEP.


First thing her Daddy said upon waking?  "Who is in my bed!?!"  {{I wonder if it was the fact that his hiney was barely hanging on the side that tipped him off to the newest occupant?}} "Everyone," I replied.  And Ruffles chimed in "I nuddle Mommy."  



Okay, so after two hours of the wriggling and whispering, I plopped her~ever so gently~back into her own bed, so we could both catch a few Zzzz's before we started our day {{very late at this point!}}

Now she is constantly coming up to me at the computer saying "I need Mommy" & "Rock Me Mommy"...I oblige.  Even though she is growing up WAY to fast into a 'Big Girl' she is PROUD to be 'Mommy's Baby Durl'...and I    it! (=

No comments:

Post a Comment