A 'Friday's Child' Blog

Welcome & Thanks for joining me as I attempt to unscramble the craziness running around in my brain . . . Stick around & you just might find me rambling on about sewing, cooking, baking, homeschooling, romance, getting fit {hah!}, and keeping my sanity while raising the Littles . . . Is that even possible?¿? (=

Thursday, January 12, 2012

A Bit of Randomness...

So, I've been working on this page for a few days now, wondering...'What should I write about?'  I mean~I ALWAYS have comments and quotes and random thoughts popping through my mind uninvited, so I figured 'start a blog'~RIGHT!?!  Only, since I went through all the trouble of setting this up, it's been REALLY quiet up there.....chirp chirp chirp...those are the crickets I hear instead of the usual random interesting thoughts... chirp chirp chirp...Go Figure. 


I suppose the chirping could have something to do with the fact that I've been stuck on the couch all week unable to do ANYTHING interesting {{old back injury flared up}}.  Being bored out of one's mind and unable to do anything constructive could definitely lead to lack of conversation material...even if the conversation IS only with oneself...hmmm....


Vacation was supposed to start today...4 days of FUN in the North Georgia Mts with my 'Happy Little Family', my parents, my sisters, brothers in law & nieces & nephews.  Darn back injury ruined that & we had to stay home.  But I VOW that we will get to the snow! {{Even if it is manufactured!}} We are now {{re}}planning a trip to Snow Mt for later this month...SO Excited!!!


Instead of vacationing, I am now hoping to "de~Christmas" {{FINALLY~and against my son's wishes}} our home this weekend and celebrate my Birthday {{32}} with the family that decided to stay home like us...I also have about 8 loads of laundry to fold, 2.5 sinks full of dishes to wash, a full basket of ironing, dirty floors and my sewing table is hiding under two feet three feet four feet well, let's just say a LOT of back log! On that note, I just received in the mail the CUTEST pattern from Portobellopixie~ the Analise, just before she sold out.  I got it for a steal and am so excited to try it out {{as soon as I learn to sew beyond a beginner/intermediate level!}}...I just LOVE her collection of fabrics and patterns!


But first~clean the house...why oh why did I not have children sooner so that they would be old enough to help out this week? ;-)


Maybe I'll make some cookies to help celebrate my Birthday weekend...I {{literally}} just came across this recipe for Oatmeal Raisin Breakfast Cookies that sound YUMMY.  Normally I would go for my FAVORITE Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Chunk Cookies, but I am trying want NEED to lose quite a bit of weight and so am going to try and stick with healthier {{albeit YUMMY!}} desserts by Chocolate Covered Katie when I need a 'Sweets' fix.  Who knows...maybe this time next year, I'll look {{and hopefully FEEL!}} like a new woman!


For now however, it is off to my couch...to watch some 'Wings' on Netflix {{I heart Netflix}} and rest my aching back...I really need a COKE...



No comments:

Post a Comment